Monday, January 12, 2009

Mele Kalikimaka-a little late



Brian and I went to Hawaii (the big island) with my brother and his family (and my mom) for Christmas. We had a wonderful time. It was great to enjoy the warm weather and to get away from all the snow. Our first full day was on Sunday, so we went to church and then went to see the Kona temple. Other than that we just walked around near our resort. On Monday we got up early to go swim with the dolphins. I was so excited--it was the #1 thing I wanted to do while we were there. However, before we even got off the boat to swim I was losing my breakfast over the side of the boat. Anyway, I got off the boat for a few minutes but I was so sick that I had to get out. I spent almost the entire 4 hours either laying down or throwing up. After that I didn't do anymore "water" activities, except for wading in the water at the beach a little bit. One day Brian and my brother went on a private kayaking/snorkeling tour and had a great experience. Anyway, here are a few pics from our awesome vacation. We hope to go on one more trip before the babies are born--but if we don't this was a great "babymoon."

The Dolphin Swim (this is what everyone else got to see.)

South Point--We used the GPS on my mom's iphone to make sure we were literally at the southern most point in the USA.

Some fish that Brian and my brother got to see on their kayaking tour.

Christmas Day--we just explored the island.

My mom and I enjoying lunch at a vanilla plantation. All the girls (and my 9 year old nephew) went here while the men kayaked.

Me at Akaka falls.

Brian at Akaka falls.

Rainbow falls

Hapuna Beach,it was rated in the top 10 if best beaches in the USA, and I would have to agree-it was really nice.

I don't know the name of this resort--but Brian humored me and we "snuck" in like we were guest there so I could use their restrooms, instead of having to use the nasty public bathrooms down the beach a little bit. I made him take a picture because their bathrooms were the nicest public bathrooms I have ever been in.


5 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like yall had fun. Sorry you got sick. We are still planning our trip to Hawaii with yall in about 5 years. Once the twins are old enough!

Cecily said...

I had forgotten you were going until I saw the title of your post. I'm glad you had fun (even if your water activities were restricted to land).

Unknown said...

Wow, it looks like a great time! Too bad about the sickness, but it will be worth it in the end!

heather said...

That looks like so much fun and you are both so happy! Next time you go to Hawaii we will hide in your luggage, all six of us-k-?

Kimber Family said...

You look so beautiful and radiant! I am so excited for you on the pregnancy, after all the work leading up to it I sure hope the rest of this is easy for you and it all goes smoothly! Have you been real sick? I wish the best for you! Hawaii huh? How fun for you! I was there for Christmas 2 years ago! I am sure you loved it, minus the sick portion of course. I hope you are well and happy! Hey can I add your sight to my side bar on my blog? kimberfamily5.blogspot.com I actually found yours through the mission website. Take care of yourself! Best wishes!