Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's been a while--1 of 2 post

Well it has been a few months since I've posted anything on my blog. The truth is, I was just so down about the in-vitro not working that I just couldn't think of anything worth writing. It is sad really, because I did have some good times over the summer.

Here are some of the highlights of the past few months (in chronological order):

Brian and I took my niece Abigail and my nephew Benjamin to BYU's Stadium of Fire on the 4th of July. Some one gave Brian's grandma tickets and she shared them with us (they were on the 13th row). I was very excited because I had never been to a big 4th of July production before. My niece and nephew were EXTREMELY EXCITED because Miley Ray Cyrus was the guest singer this year. Brian was excited to see the Blue Man Group. And Brian and I were both pretty happy about Glen Beck hosting it. It was pretty fun, except the public bathrooms and trying to get out of Provo afterwards.

Wow! The are totally mesmerized by Smiley Miley!
I wish I looked that good in white pants.
They were pretty cool.
He gave a great speach (with no sarcasm).

2. Brian and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary. We went to Ruth's Chris and had a great steak dinner. Other than that it was pretty low key. Brian has always treated me so well--but he has been really good and patient with me these last few months. I am very lucky to have him as my husband.

3. I went to dinner with 2 of my closest friends from high school, Cori and Liz. It was so fun to talk and catch up on each others lives. I can't believe it has been 14 years! I forgot to bring my camera (of course) but I scanned this great picture from our Senior year yearbook. It was all of us in AGO (Associated Girls of Orem). All it means is that we planned Preference--which turned out to be a pretty awesome dance that year.
The bottom row is just the teachers who supervised us. On the top row there is a girl names Annette who on the very end on the left-we were really just friendly acquaintances. Then their is Cori, Liz, Cecily, and Alayne (Laney). These four girls were my closest friends at good ole Orem High. Finally, that is me on the end on the right, wearing tappered legged jeans, white socks and Birkenstocks.

Well I was going to finish up telling you about my trip to Georgia but I will have to do that tomorrow. Brian keeps asking me when will I be done and when will I go hang out with him, so I better go. But I promise I will write again either tomorrow or on Friday.


6 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks for blogging! Good to hear about your summer, sounds fun!

Jeni said...

Keep your hopes up...my cousin did in-vitro FOUR times. On the fourth and final try it worked! She's expecting TRIPLETS this spring. Don't give up...

heather said...

Love the new post. I hope all works out well for you with the in vitro!

Unknown said...

Of all the pictures from highschool, that is the one you picked! Hee hee! I really had some big hair then. Good times :)

Sarah said...

It's so good to hear from you again! I've been meaning to call you, but everytime I think about it the time difference gets in the way. I'm glad you had a good summer!

Jessica said...

what a great summer and fun fourth of july! i'd like to see miley cyrus in concert (shh, don't tell)