Friday, January 30, 2009

Boring January

It seems like everyone has slowed down on the blogging front. I was never very good at it—but it seems like there isn’t much to write about. It is cold here in Utah and that is depressing to me. I can’t wait for it to be spring.

So far everything seems to be going ok with our babies. At our last ultra-sound they told us they were pretty sure they are girls. I was just a few days short of 16 weeks so they could have made a mistake. I hope they didn’t. I have always wanted both boys and girls--but ever since they told me they were girls I have named them and picked out all sorts of pink things for them. I have also planned out a very pink nursery and I kind of have my heart set on it now.

Last night I started to worry about my babies. I was worried that maybe they weren’t girls and then I was wondering what I would name them if they weren’t. I don’t have a single boy's name picked out that I really love (except for names that my family has already used.) Then I began to worry about baby B. At our last ultra-sound they found a cyst on her brain. I wasn’t worried at the time. One of my sister’s babies’s had one and it went away. Our doctor told us not to worry—that it was really rare for it to be anything significant. But last night I just started to worry that maybe this was one of the rare cases. I am really grateful that I go to the doctor every two weeks. I don’t know how people who don’t can stand it. It calms me down so much to see them on the ultra-sound. Last time it was fun to watch them suck their thumbs and move around. They are very active babies. I keep telling them they have to wait until June to come—they can’t come any earlier than that.

I have also become very discontent with my job lately. I have been working at the same community for almost 5 years and I used to love it. Ever since my old management company sold us I have been unhappy. For a while it was ok, but it seems like everyday I am told to do something that is either a complete waste of time or unethical. So far I have been able to skirt around doing the things I feel are unethical but I don’t think I will be able to get around it much longer. If I wasn’t expecting I would go find another job. Right now Brian and I are trying to get insurance through his job so I can quit. I can’t wait until that day comes! Hopefully, everything will be taken care of by the end of February and then I can get my house ready for the babies (before I get too big to do anything).

4 comments:

Cecily said...

I have to say that your "boring" January sounds less than boring. Two girls!?! I have all sorts of ideas for them. As for the worries, I know a number of babies whose cysts went away before they were born, so hold off on worrying about that for a while. (That is the benefit of bi-monthly ultrasounds. I loved mine!)
As for the job. Good luck!

Alayne said...

I wouldn't worry about the cyst either. Worry about something fun - like what crib bedding to buy, or how to restrain yourself from buying ALL of the cute little outfits you will see :)

I think I'm the only person on the planet that didn't like bi-monthly ultrasounds. I got myself sick from worry before every single one.

Good luck with the job. Just remind yourself that there is an end in sight.

Kathy said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. I hope you get to quit your job soon!

Unknown said...

I wish that I had bi-weekly ultrasounds. They were always my favorite! It was fun to actually put a visual with the feelings you have. I am thrilled for you to have twin girls. Good luck!